Holbeton Parish Council.
You may have already heard that the Government has introduced new rules meaning you need to show photographic identification (photo ID) when voting in person at a polling station. This is a national change implemented as part of the Elections Act 2022.
In Devon, there are district and city council elections on Thursday 4 May, so you will need an accepted form of photo ID if you want to vote in person.
You can use any of the following:
- a passport issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, a British Overseas Territory, an EEA state, or a Commonwealth country
- a photographic driving licence issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or an EEA state
- a biometric immigration document
- an identity card bearing the Proof of Age Standards Scheme hologram (a PASS card)
- a Ministry of Defence Form 90 (Defence Identity Card)
- a Blue Badge
- a national identity card issued by an EEA state
- an Older Person’s Bus Pass
- a Disabled Person’s Bus Pass
- a Freedom Pass
- an Oyster 60+ Card
If you don't have any of the accepted forms of ID,you can apply for a free Voter Authority Certificate.